Goals & Objectives
To improve the quality of life of children
through a faith based family education
Our Goals and Objectives are:
- To assist expectant mothers in the prenatal process to enable them to have healthy, full term pregnancies and to deliver normal healthy babies.
- To provide an intervention program in the child's first months to monitor development, being alert to signs of
possible developmental delays.
- To create a non-threatening environment for learning and interaction within the family, by teaching intra-family communication skills and training the mothers that they are the child's primary teacher.
- To offer other practical tips on ways to encourage learning, manage challenging behavior, and promote strong parent-child relationships.
- To provide opportunities for adult residents of the Las Milpas/Progreso communities to become self-sufficient and wage-earning members of the community.
- To build social capital by providing opportunities for families, individuals to get together and share experiences, concerns, and successes.
- To provide opportunities for children to succeed in elementary school, thus reducing the prospect of dropping out of school later in either Junior or Senior HIgh School.